Method, system, device and head for processing solid state device substrate
FIELD: instrument making.
SUBSTANCE: system for processing solid state devices incorporates head to feed processing fluid onto and withdraw it from the substrate surface, the head approaching the substrate surface to make certain gap there between. The system incorporates the first channel feeding, through the channel, the first fluid medium and the second channel for the second fluid medium, other than the first one, to be fed onto the substrate. The system comprises also the third channel to remove the aforesaid first and second fluids from the substrate surface, the channel being operated at a time with the two channels. The application describes also the method, the device and the head to the effect.
EFFECT: fast and efficient cleaning and drying of solid state substrates along with reducing traces of dirt being formed thereon.
27 cl, 21 dwg
The text descriptions are given in facsimile form.
1. The processing system of a substrate for semiconductor devices containing head for feeding and removing processing fluid from the working surface supplied during operation with a small gap to the surface of the substrate, the first channel for supplying the first fluid through the head on the surface of the substrate, the second channel for supplying a second fluid, different from the first fluid through the head on the surface of the substrate and the third channel to remove from the surface of the substrate, the first fluid and the second fluid, the first, second and third channels are made with essentially simultaneous engagement in the process.
2. The system according to claim 1, in which during operation the substrate is moved so that its operativemovement runs next to the head.
3. The system according to claim 1, in which during operation the head is moved and passes near the substrate.
4. The system according to claim 1, in which the head length does not exceed the diameter of the substrate.
5. The system according to claim 1, in which the head length is larger than the diameter of the substrate.
6. The system according to claim 1, which has a second head located opposite to the first head and supplied during operation with a small gap to the surface of the bottom side of the substrate.
7. The system according to claim 1, in which the first fluid is used deionized water (DIVAS) or a cleaning liquid.
8. The system according to claim 1, in which the second fluid medium used pair of isopropyl alcohol, nitrogen, organic compounds, hexanol, ethylglycol or miscible with water connections.
9. The processing method of a substrate for semiconductor devices, namely, that on the surface of the substrate serves first fluid environment, near the spot where on the surface of the substrate serves first fluid environment, serves the second fluid medium from the surface of the substrate to remove the first and second fluids, essentially simultaneously with their filing, the filing and removal of fluid accompanied by formation on the surface of the substrate of the controlled meniscus.
10. The method according to claim 9, in which the first fluid use DIVAS or cleaned the total fluid environment.
11. The method according to claim 9, in which the second fluid using a pair of isopropyl alcohol, nitrogen, organic compounds, hexanol, ethylglycol or miscible with water connections.
12. The method according to claim 9, in which the first and second fluids are removed from the surface of the substrate under the action of the vacuum generated in the immediate vicinity of the substrate surface.
13. The method according to item 12, in which the depth adjustment of the created vacuum at the surface of the substrate to form a stable meniscus.
14. The method according to claim 9, in which when forming the meniscus in the first zone of the substrate surface serves first the fluid, the second zone of the substrate surface serves a second fluid medium, and removing the first and second fluids from the surface of the substrate, essentially surrounding the first zone to the third zone, which is at least partially surrounded by a second area, when the supply and removal of fluid on the surface of the substrate is formed meniscus.
15. The method according to 14, in which the first fluid is used cleansing fluid environment.
16. The method according to 14, in which the second fluid using a pair of isopropyl alcohol, nitrogen, organic compounds, hexanol, ethylglycol or miscible with water connections.
17. The method according to 14, in which the first and second fluids UD is collected from the surface of the substrate under the action of vacuum, which is created in the immediate vicinity of the substrate surface.
18. A device for processing substrates for semiconductor devices containing head for feeding and removing processing fluid, which is made with the possibility of its supply to the surface of the substrate and which has at least one first inlet channel for supplying to the substrate a first fluid medium when the head is in close proximity to the substrate, at least one second inlet channel for supplying to the substrate a second fluid medium when the head is in close proximity to the substrate, and at least one outlet channel for removal under the action created inside the vacuum from the surface of the first substrate and the second fluid when the head is in close proximity to the substrate.
19. The device according to p, in which the first inlet channel is used to feed in the direction of the substrate vapor of isopropyl alcohol.
20. The device according to p, in which the second inlet channel is used to feed in the direction of the substrate with deionized water.
21. The device according to p, in which the cylinder when it is placed in operating position in close proximity to the substrate forming on the substrate the meniscus.
22. The device according to p also containing block for the rise and movement of the head, designed for straight-line movement of the head along the radius of the substrate.
23. The head of the device for processing substrates for semiconductor devices containing at least one first inlet channel for supplying the first fluid to the substrate through the head, at least one second inlet channel for supplying a second fluid, different from the first fluid to the substrate through the head and at least one outlet channel for removing from the surface of the first substrate and the second fluid, at least part of which is located between the at least one first inlet channel and at least one second inlet channel and which is made with the possibility, essentially simultaneous engagement with at least one first inlet channel and at least one second inlet channel, and an acoustic transducer, impinging acoustic energy at a first fluid medium, and at least one second inlet channel surrounding at least the rear edge of the at least one outlet channel.
24. Head on item 23, in which the first fluid is used cleansing chemical composition.
25. Head on item 23, in which the acoustic transducer consists of a body and the location is tion it piezocrystal.
26. Head on A.25, in which the acoustic transducer is connected to the source voltage of the high frequency supplied to the radiating acoustic energy from the crystal.
27. Head on A.25, in which acoustic energy is megasessions and/or ultrasonic waves.
30.09.2002 according to claims 1 to 18;
30.06.2003 on PP-27.
FIELD: technological processes.
SUBSTANCE: invention concerns selective membrane production for molecular gas mix filtering and can be applied in compact fuel cells. Method of gas-permeable membrane production includes vacuum sputtering of a metal displaying chemical stability in concentrated hydrogen fluoride solutions in anode polarisation conditions onto monocrystalline silicon plate in closed pattern, and further double-side electrochemical etching of the plate area limited by the mentioned closed pattern. Etching process is performed until its spontaneous cease determined by break of time function curve of anode current on the plate surface not covered by sputtered metal.
EFFECT: increased thickness homogeneity of solid monocrystalline filtering silicon layer, improved membrane durability at higher gas permeability.
31 cl, 9 dwg, 2 ex
SUBSTANCE: invention is related to the field of manufacture of micromechanical devices, namely to methods of formation of scanning probe microscope probes, in particular, cantilevers consisting of console and needle. In method of cantilever manufacture that includes formation of KDB on top surface of single-crystal silicic wafer with orientation (100) of cantilever needle by method of local anisotropic etching of silicon, formation of p-n transition on top side of wafer, local electrochemical etching of wafer from the back side to p-n transition with creation of silicic membrane, formation of cantilever console from the saidmembrane by means of local anisotropic etching of membrane from both sides of plate with application of mask that protects needle and top part of console, needle of cantilever is formed prior to formation of p-n transition. Depth of n-layer amounts to doubled thickness of console, and mask for local anisotropic etching of membrane is received by method of lift-off lithography with application of bottom "sacrificial" layer and top masking layer from chemically low-activity metal.
EFFECT: obtaining of cantilever with reproduced geometric parameters of console and higher resolution of needle.
3 cl, 15 dwg
FIELD: physics; electricity.
SUBSTANCE: etching system contains plasma-generating facilities for plasma generating in vacuum chamber, high-frequency displacement voltage source, supplying high-frequency displacement voltage to electrode-substrate, floating electrode opposite to electrode-substrate in vacuum chamber and supported in floating condition by electric potential, solid material placed on the side of the floating electrode directed to electrode-substrate to form film layer protecting from etching, and control unit for periodic supply of high-frequency voltage to floating electrode. Etching method includes repetition, in specified sequence, of substrate etching stage by means of etching gas supplied to vacuum chamber, and film layer formation stage protecting substrate from etching by sputtering of solid material opposite to substrate.
EFFECT: high etching selectivity when using mask as well as production of anisotropic profile and great etching depth.
22 cl, 7 dwg
SUBSTANCE: invention pertains to compositions used for treating surfaces and the method of treating the surface of a substrate, using such a composition. The essence of the invention is that, the cleaning solution contains water, hydrogen peroxide, an alkaline compound and 2,2-bis-(hydroxyethyl)-(iminotris)-(hydroxymethyl)methane as a chelating additive. The alkaline compound is preferably chosen from a group containing an organic base, ammonia, ammonium hydroxide, tetramethylammonium hydroxide, and most preferably from a group containing ammonia and ammonium hydroxide. Content of the chelating additive is 1000-3000 ppm. The cleaning solutions are used for the process of treating the surface, including cleaning, etching, polishing, and film-formation, for cleaning substrates, made from semiconductor, metal, glass, ceramic, plastic, magnetic material, and superconductors. The method involves treatment of semiconductor substrate(s) using a cleaning solution and drying the given semiconductor substrate(s) after washing in water.
EFFECT: increased stability of the solution at high temperature and increased degree of purification of surfaces.
3 cl, 2 tbl, 15 dwg, 3 ex
FIELD: methods for manufacture of semi-conductor instruments and microcircuit chips.
SUBSTANCE: method and system are suggested for treatment of base plates for treatment of semi-conductor instruments with creation of liquid meniscus that is shifted from the first surface to the parallel second one, which is installed nearby. System and method suggested in invention may also be used for meniscus shift along base plate edge.
EFFECT: invention provides efficient cleaning and drying of surfaces and edges of semi-conductor plates, with simultaneous reduction of quantity of water or washing liquid drops that are accumulated on plate surface, which leave dirty traces on plate surface and edge after evaporation.
20 cl, 20 dwg
FIELD: electric engineering.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to electric engineering equipment and may be used for application of coatings by electrochemical process. The device for one-side treatment of semiconductor plates comprises a galvanic bath with anode and a substrate holder with a set of electrode conducting contacts and support posts whereto a semiconductor plate is pressed. The device incorporates additionally a horizontal support frame with an angular flange and three needle-type stops with ring-like marks, the substrate holder being provided with a guiding angular recess and mounted on the support frame flange. Also, the device comprises the current source control unit and a system of forced mixing of electrolyte made up of a magnetic mixer with a shielding plate.
EFFECT: increased quality of galvanic treatment of semiconductor plates, simpler design of the device.
FIELD: semiconductor engineering; chemical treatment of single-crystalline silicon wafer surfaces chemically resistant to open air and suited to growing epitaxial semiconductor films.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for treatment of single-crystalline silicon wafer surface positioned on Si(100) or Si(111) plane includes cleaning of mentioned surface followed by passivation with hydrogen atoms. Silicon surface is first cleaned twice by means of boiling trichloroethylene solution for 10-20 minutes involving washing with deionized water and then with ammonium-peroxide aqueous solution of following composition: 5 volumes of H2O, 1 volume of 30% H2O2, 1 volume of 25% NH4OH at 75-82 °C or with salt-peroxide aqueous solution of following composition: 6 volumes of H2O, 1 volume of 30% H2O2, 1 volume of 37% HCl at 75-82 °C, followed by three 5- or 10-minute steps of washing with deionized water; passivation with hydrogen atoms is conducted by treatment first with 5-10 mass percent HF solution and then with aqueous solution of NH4OH and NH4F mixture at pH = 7.6-7.7 for 40-60 s followed by washing with deionized water and drying out under normal conditions.
EFFECT: ability of producing wafers capable of retaining their serviceability for long time in storage and in transit, in open air, without oxidizing their surfaces.
1 cl, 3 dwg
FIELD: semiconductor device manufacture; pre-heat cleaning of silicon substrate surfaces from organic and mechanical contaminants.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for cleaning silicon substrates includes their double-stage treatment in two baths filled with two solutions: first bath is filled with solution of sulfuric acid H2SO4 and hydrogen peroxide H2O2 in H2SO4 : H2O2 = 10 : 1 proportion at temperature T = 125 °C; other bath is filled with solution of aqueous ammonia NH4OH, hydrogen peroxide H2O2, and deionized water H2O in proportion of NH4OH : H2O2, : H2O at temperature T = 65 °C. Resulting amount of dust particles is not over three.
EFFECT: ability of removing all organic and mechanical contaminants and impurities from silicon substrate surface, reduced substrate treatment time.
FIELD: manufacturing semiconductor devices including removal of resistive mask from silicon wafer surfaces upon photolithographic operations.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for removing resistive mask includes silicon wafer treatment upon photolithographic operations to remove photoresist from surface; treatment is conducted in two stages; first stage includes treatment in sulfuric acid (H2SO4) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) solution of 3 : 1 proportion at temperature T = 125 °C for 5 minutes; second stage includes washing first in warm deionized water (H2O) at T = 65-70 °C for 5 minutes followed by washing in two baths, each having spillover points in four sides, at water flowrate of 400 l/h and wash time of 5 minutes in each bath; wafers are checked for adequate cleaning by focused incident light beam at maximum six luminous points.
EFFECT: reduced number of operations required to remove resistive mask, ability of attaining clean surfaces free from photolithographic contaminants.
FIELD: electronics; semiconductor devices and methods for etching structures on their wafers.
SUBSTANCE: plasmochemical etching of material is conducted by way of acting on its surface with ion flow of plasma produced from plasma forming gas filling evacuated camber, electron beam being used to act upon plasma forming gas for plasma generation. Constant longitudinal magnetic field with flux density of 20-40 Gs is built on axis, plasma-generating gas pressure is maintained within chamber between 0.01 and 0.1 Pa, and electron beam at current density of 0.1-1 A/cm2 ensuring ignition of beam-plasma discharge is used. Etching condition (energy and ion current density) can be controlled ether by modulating electron beam with respect to speed or by varying potential of discharge collector.
EFFECT: enhanced etching efficiency (speed) and quality of etching structures on semiconductor material surface: high degree of etching anisotropy preventing etching under mask, minimized material structure radiation defects brought in during etching.
2 cl, 1 dwg
FIELD: organic chemistry, chemical technology.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to a method for purifying octafluorocyclobutane. Method is carried out by interaction of crude octafluorocyclobutane containing impurities with the impurity-decomposing agent at increased temperature and then with adsorbent that is able to eliminate indicated impurities up to the content less 0.0001 wt.-% from the mentioned crude octafluorocyclobutane. Impurity-decomposing agent comprises ferric (III) oxide and compound of alkaline-earth metal in the amount from 5 to 40 wt.-% of ferric oxide and from 60 to 95 wt.-% of compound of alkaline-earth metal as measured for the complete mass of the impurity-decomposing agent. Ferric (III) oxide represents γ-form of iron hydroxyoxide and/or γ-form of ferric (III) oxide. Impurity represents at least one fluorocarbon taken among the group consisting of 2-chloro-1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane, 1-chloro-1,1,2,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane, 1-chloro-1,1,2,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane, 1-chloro-1,2,2,2-tetrafluoroethane, 1-chloro-1,1,2,2-tetrafluoroethane, 1,2-dichloro-1,1,2,2-tetrafluoroethane, hexafluoropropene and 1H-heptafluoropropane. Adsorbent represents at least one of representatives taken among the group including activated carbon, carbon molecular sieves and activated coal. Crude octafluorocyclobutane interacts with the mentioned impurity-decomposing agent at temperature from 250oC to 380oC. Invention proposes gas, etching gas and purifying gas including octafluorocyclobutane with purity degree 99.9999 wt.-% and above and comprising fluorocarbon impurity in the concentration less 0.0001 wt.-%. Invention provides enhancing purity of octafluorocyclobutane.
EFFECT: improved purifying method.
26 cl, 13 tbl, 10 ex
FIELD: organic chemistry, chemical technology.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to a method for purifying octafluoropropane. Method is carried out by interaction of crude octafluoropropane comprising impurities with the impurity-decomposing agent at increased temperature and then with adsorbent that are able to remove indicated impurities up to the content less 0.0001 wt.-% from indicated crude octafluoropropane. The impurity-decomposing agent comprises ferric (III) oxide and compound of alkaline-earth metal in the amount from 5 to 40 wt.-% of ferric oxide and from 60 to 95 wt.-% of compound of alkaline-earth metal as measured for the complete mass of the impurity-decomposing agent. Ferric (III) oxide represents γ-form of iron hydroxyoxide and/or γ-form of ferric (III) oxide. Impurities represent at least one compound taken among the group consisting of chloropentafluoroethane, hexafluoropropene, chlorotrifluoromethane, dichlorodifluoromethane and chlorodifluoromethane. Adsorbent represents at least one substance taken among the group consisting of activated coal, molecular sieves and carbon molecular sieves. Crude octafluoropropane comprises indicated impurities in the amount from 10 to 10 000 mole fr. by mass. Invention proposes gas, etching gas and purifying gas comprising octafluoropropane with purity degree 99.9999 wt.-% and above and containing chlorine compound in the concentration less 0.0001 wt.-%. Invention provides enhancing purity of octafluoropropane.
EFFECT: improved purifying method.
13 cl, 11 tbl, 12 ex
FIELD: polymer materials.
SUBSTANCE: method of applying high-resolution image of functional layers, e.g. for applying lithographic mask or other functional layers, comprises polymerization of monomers from vapor phase under action of finely focused electron beam with energy 1 to 1000 keV followed by injection of monomer vapors at pressure from 10-4 to 10 torr. Electron beam is introduced into working chamber through a small opening in membrane, which enables avoiding scattering of electrons on membrane and, at the same time, maintaining monomer vapor pressure in working chamber high enough to ensure acceptable growth time for thickness (height) of image line. Preferred image applying conditions are the following: electron energy in electron beam 10 to 500 keV and monomer vapor pressure 0.001 to 10 torr. For electron beam diameter 50 nm, image width 100-150 nm can be obtained. When improving electron beam focusing, accessible electron beam diameter may be further diminished.
EFFECT: enabled high-resolution image of functional layers directly from monomer in single-step "dry" process without using any solvents.
2 cl, 2 dwg, 8 ex
FIELD: semiconductor microelectronics; high-degree surface cleaning technologies.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method can be used in resource and energy conservation environmentally friendly and safe technology for integrated circuit manufacture, removal of positive photoresist from wafer surface, electrochemical etching of silicon, and degreasing of surfaces. Si surface is cleaned by detergent NH4HF2 of 0.1 - 4 M concentration activated by ozone at anode current density of 1 - 2 kA/m2, and waste solution is cleaned and activated by sequentially passing it through electrolyzer cathode and anode chamber.
EFFECT: enhanced quality and effectiveness of photoresist removal from semiconductor surface.
2 cl, 2 dwg
FIELD: plasma-chemical treatment of wafers and integrated circuit manufacture.
SUBSTANCE: proposed device that can be used in photolithography for photoresist removal and radical etching of various semiconductor layers in integrated circuit manufacturing processes has activation chamber made in the form of insulating pipe with working gas admission branch; inductor made in the form of inductance coil wound on part of pipe outer surface length and connected to high-frequency generator; reaction chamber with gas evacuating pipe, shielding screens disposed at pipe base, and temperature-stabilized substrate holder mounted in chamber base. In addition device is provided with grounded shield made in the form of conducting nonmagnetic cylinder that has at least one notch along its generating line and is installed between inductor and pipe; shielding screens of device are made in the form of set of thin metal plates arranged in parallel at desired angle to substrate holder within cylindrical holder whose inner diameter is greater than maximal diameter of wafers being treated. Tilting angle, quantity, and parameters of wafers are chosen considering the transparency of gas flow screen and ability of each wafer to overlap another one maximum half its area. In addition substrate holder is spaced maximum four and minimum 0.6 of pipe inner diameter from last turn of inductance coil; coil turn number is chosen to ensure excitation of intensive discharge in vicinity of inductor depending on generator output voltage and on inner diameter of pipe using the following equation:
where n is inductance coil turn number; U is generator output voltage, V; Dp is inner diameter of pipe, mm.
EFFECT: enhanced speed and quality of wafer treatment; reduced cost due to reduced gas and power requirement for wafer treatment.
1 cl, 6 dwg, 1 tbl
SUBSTANCE: proposed method that can be used for photolytic etching of wafers in the course of manufacture of very large-scale integrated circuit includes etching of SiO2 surface in sulfur hexafluoride under action of vacuum ultraviolet emission of deuterium-vapor lamp. Argon is introduced in addition into etching gas.
EFFECT: enhanced selectivity of silicon dioxide etching with respect to monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicon.
3 cl, 1 tbl
FIELD: process equipment for manufacturing semiconductor devices.
SUBSTANCE: plasma treatment chamber 200 affording improvement in procedures of pressure control above semiconductor wafer 206 is, essentially, vacuum chamber 212, 214, 216 communicating with plasma exciting and holding device. Part of this device is etching-gas source 250 and outlet channel 260. Boundaries of area above semiconductor wafer are controlled by limiting ring. Pressure above semiconductor wafer depends on pressure drop within limiting ring. The latter is part of above-the-wafer pressure controller that provides for controlling more than 100% of pressure control area above semiconductor wafer. Such pressure controller can be made in the form of three adjustable limiting rings 230, 232, 234 and limiting unit 236 on holder 240 that can be used to control pressure above semiconductor wafer.
EFFECT: enhanced reliability of pressure control procedure.
15 cl, 13 dwg
FIELD: manufacture of microelectronic and nanoelectronic devices.
SUBSTANCE: selective etchant of AlAs and AlGaAs layers relative to GaAs has iodine I2 and organic solvent wherein iodine I2 is dissolved, proportion of mentioned components being as follows, mass percent: iodine, 0.1 - 4; organic solvent, 96 - 99.9. Isopropyl alcohol or acetone can be used as organic solvent. Enhanced selectivity of etching AlAs and AlGaAs layers including those with low Al content (below 40%), as well as their high selectivity relative to InAs and InGaAs are attained at room temperature.
EFFECT: ability of using proposed etchant in nanotechnology for separating upper layers in the order of several single layers.
FIELD: engineering of semiconductor devices.
SUBSTANCE: invention concerns method and device for etching dielectric, removing etching mask and cleaning etching chamber. In etching chamber 40 semiconductor plate 56 is positioned. Dielectric 58 made on semiconductor plate is subjected to etching, using local plasma, produced by special device for producing local plasma during etching process. Mask for etching 60 is removed by means of plasma from autonomous source 54, generated in device for producing plasma from autonomous source connected to etching chamber. Etching chamber after removal of semiconductor plate is subjected to cleaning, using either local plasma, or plasma from autonomous source. To achieve higher level of cleaning, it is possible to utilize a heater, providing heating for chamber wall.
EFFECT: increased efficiency.
2 cl, 4 dwg
FIELD: technology for producing semi-penetrable membranes for molecular filtration of gas flows and for division of reaction spaces in chemical reactors.
SUBSTANCE: method for producing gas-penetrable membrane includes two-sided electro-chemical etching of monocrystalline plate made of composition AIIIBV of n conductivity type or of semiconductor AIV with width of forbidden zone E≥1,0 electron volts and alloying level 1017-1020 1/cm3. Modes of aforementioned etching are set, providing for generation of simultaneously porous layers, while etching process is performed until moment of spontaneous stopping of electro-chemical process and generation of solid separating layer of stationary thickness on given part of plate area, determined using sharp bend on the curve of temporal dependence of anode current.
EFFECT: gas membrane, produced in accordance to method, has increased penetrability for molecules of light gases and increased selectivity characteristics at room temperature.
2 cl, 3 dwg, 3 ex