Method (variants) and system (variants) for treatment of semi-conductor instruments base plates
FIELD: methods for manufacture of semi-conductor instruments and microcircuit chips.
SUBSTANCE: method and system are suggested for treatment of base plates for treatment of semi-conductor instruments with creation of liquid meniscus that is shifted from the first surface to the parallel second one, which is installed nearby. System and method suggested in invention may also be used for meniscus shift along base plate edge.
EFFECT: invention provides efficient cleaning and drying of surfaces and edges of semi-conductor plates, with simultaneous reduction of quantity of water or washing liquid drops that are accumulated on plate surface, which leave dirty traces on plate surface and edge after evaporation.
20 cl, 20 dwg
The text descriptions are given in facsimile form.
1. The processing method of a substrate for semiconductor devices with the creation of the meniscus of the liquid transferred from the first surface to the second surface, the implementation of which form a meniscus between the first surface and a proximity head having the surface of the head, which is placed mostly parallel to the specified first and second surfaces and which made several outlet holes and a few of the inlet holes, while Inuktitut selected fluid from the first group of holes between the said surface of the head and the first surface and generate a vacuum in the second group of holes between the surface of the head and the first surface, and move the meniscus from the first surface to the second surface, adjacent and in the same plane with the first surface the stew.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein when moving the meniscus from the first surface to the second surface of the first part of the meniscus is held between the first part of the specified surface of the head and the first surface and the second part of the meniscus is held between the second part of the surface of the head and the second surface.
3. The method according to claim 1, in which the meniscus also move from the second surface to the first surface.
4. System for processing substrates for semiconductor devices with the creation of the meniscus of the liquid, comprising a first surface, a second surface that is essentially in the same plane with the first surface, and a movable contactless head mounted for movement in the first direction essentially perpendicular to the first and second surfaces and in a second direction essentially parallel to the first and second surfaces and forming a meniscus between the proximity head and at least one of the first or second surfaces, and a non-contact head has a surface head, placed mainly parallel to the first and second surfaces and which made several outlet holes and several inlet holes with the possibility in the formation of the meniscus injection box is selected fluid from multiple inlet holes m is waiting for the specified surface of the head and the first surface and creates a vacuum in several outlet openings between the surface of the head and the first surface.
5. The system according to claim 4, in which the second surface is a substrate and the first surface is made in the form of a plate located on the side and mostly around the substrate.
6. The processing method of a substrate for semiconductor devices with the creation of the meniscus of the liquid, having an optimized gradient of surface tension, in the exercise of which is selected by the first material for the manufacture of the first surface, the choice of the second material for the second surface, characterized by their hydrophilic properties from the first material and the first surface is a surface of the proximity head and the second surface of the substrate, and a non-contact head has a surface of the head, which made several outlet holes and a few of the inlet holes, and form a meniscus between the first and second surfaces.
7. The processing system of a substrate for semiconductor devices with the creation of the meniscus of the liquid, having an optimized gradient of surface tension, comprising a first surface, made of a first material and a second surface made of a second material, which according to its hydrophilic properties different from the first material, and located essentially parallel to the first surface beside her, and the first surface is a face is a surface of the proximity head, capable of forming a meniscus between the surface of the head and the second surface and having several outlet holes and a few of the inlet holes formed in the surface of the head with the possibility of the formation of the meniscus, including the injection box is selected fluid from multiple inlet openings between the said surface of the head and the first surface and creates a vacuum in several outlet openings between the surface of the head and the first surface.
8. The processing method of a substrate for semiconductor devices with the creation of the liquid meniscus to process the edges of the substrate, the implementation of which form a meniscus in the concave part of the non-contact head, which may include at least part of the edge of the substrate, and this concave portion of the head has a surface of the head, which made several outlet holes and a few of the inlet holes, while Inuktitut selected fluid from multiple inlet holes in the concave portion of the head and create a vacuum in several outlet openings in the concave part of the head,
and move the meniscus at the edge of the substrate, so that the leading edge of the meniscus is divided into two parts, the first of which is held between the upper surface of the substrate and corresponding to the upper part of the inner top of the spine head, and the second is held between the bottom surface of the substrate and corresponding to the lower part of the inner surface of the head.
9. The method according to item 8, during which the substrate is based on located on the side of her movie, including specified contactless head, by means of which it formed a meniscus then move to the edge of the substrate.
10. The method according to claim 9, in which the meniscus is removed from the edge of the substrate.
11. The method according to claim 8, in which the moving meniscus increase its size.
12. The method according to claim 8, in which the substrate has the shape of a circle passing through the circumferential edge of the substrate, at least part of which is included inside of the meniscus.
13. The method according to claim 8, in which the moving edge of the substrate relative to the proximity head, so that the meniscus moves along the edge of the substrate.
14. The method according to claim 8, in which the meniscus is removed from the edge of the substrate so that the first and second parts of the leading edge of the meniscus closed and again form the leading edge of the meniscus.
15. The method according to claim 8, in which the substrate has the shape of a circle passing through the circumferential edge of the substrate, the meniscus formed on an arc around at least part of the circumference of the substrate.
16. System for processing substrates for semiconductor devices with the creation of the meniscus of the fluid processing region of a substrate, comprising located sboc is from the substrate roller, the first is located on the roller in close proximity to the edge of the substrate forming the meniscus contactless head, which has a concave section, inside of which can enter the edge of the substrate, and plenty of outdoor on a concave part of the head channel, at least one of which Inuktitut fluid, at least one of them use to create a vacuum and at least one of them used to regulate the surface tension of the meniscus.
17. System according to clause 16, in which the substrate has the shape of a circle passing through the circumferential edge of the substrate, and the first contactless head capable of forming a meniscus, which covers at least a portion of the circumference of the substrate.
18. System for processing substrates for semiconductor devices with the creation of the meniscus of the fluid processing region of a substrate, comprising the non-contact head, which has a concave section, inside of which can enter the edge of the substrate, and plenty of outdoor on a concave part of the contactless head of channels, at least one of which Inuktitut fluid, at least two or more of them are used to create a vacuum and at least one of them used to regulate the surface tension of the meniscus.
19. System p, in which the substrate is circular with PR is walking around the circumference of the edge of the substrate, and non-contact head has a curved surface that is located around at least part of the circumference of the substrate.
31.03.2003 - claims 1 to 7;
24.06.2003 - PP-19.
FIELD: electric engineering.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to electric engineering equipment and may be used for application of coatings by electrochemical process. The device for one-side treatment of semiconductor plates comprises a galvanic bath with anode and a substrate holder with a set of electrode conducting contacts and support posts whereto a semiconductor plate is pressed. The device incorporates additionally a horizontal support frame with an angular flange and three needle-type stops with ring-like marks, the substrate holder being provided with a guiding angular recess and mounted on the support frame flange. Also, the device comprises the current source control unit and a system of forced mixing of electrolyte made up of a magnetic mixer with a shielding plate.
EFFECT: increased quality of galvanic treatment of semiconductor plates, simpler design of the device.
FIELD: semiconductor engineering; chemical treatment of single-crystalline silicon wafer surfaces chemically resistant to open air and suited to growing epitaxial semiconductor films.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for treatment of single-crystalline silicon wafer surface positioned on Si(100) or Si(111) plane includes cleaning of mentioned surface followed by passivation with hydrogen atoms. Silicon surface is first cleaned twice by means of boiling trichloroethylene solution for 10-20 minutes involving washing with deionized water and then with ammonium-peroxide aqueous solution of following composition: 5 volumes of H2O, 1 volume of 30% H2O2, 1 volume of 25% NH4OH at 75-82 °C or with salt-peroxide aqueous solution of following composition: 6 volumes of H2O, 1 volume of 30% H2O2, 1 volume of 37% HCl at 75-82 °C, followed by three 5- or 10-minute steps of washing with deionized water; passivation with hydrogen atoms is conducted by treatment first with 5-10 mass percent HF solution and then with aqueous solution of NH4OH and NH4F mixture at pH = 7.6-7.7 for 40-60 s followed by washing with deionized water and drying out under normal conditions.
EFFECT: ability of producing wafers capable of retaining their serviceability for long time in storage and in transit, in open air, without oxidizing their surfaces.
1 cl, 3 dwg
FIELD: semiconductor device manufacture; pre-heat cleaning of silicon substrate surfaces from organic and mechanical contaminants.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for cleaning silicon substrates includes their double-stage treatment in two baths filled with two solutions: first bath is filled with solution of sulfuric acid H2SO4 and hydrogen peroxide H2O2 in H2SO4 : H2O2 = 10 : 1 proportion at temperature T = 125 °C; other bath is filled with solution of aqueous ammonia NH4OH, hydrogen peroxide H2O2, and deionized water H2O in proportion of NH4OH : H2O2, : H2O at temperature T = 65 °C. Resulting amount of dust particles is not over three.
EFFECT: ability of removing all organic and mechanical contaminants and impurities from silicon substrate surface, reduced substrate treatment time.
FIELD: manufacturing semiconductor devices including removal of resistive mask from silicon wafer surfaces upon photolithographic operations.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for removing resistive mask includes silicon wafer treatment upon photolithographic operations to remove photoresist from surface; treatment is conducted in two stages; first stage includes treatment in sulfuric acid (H2SO4) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) solution of 3 : 1 proportion at temperature T = 125 °C for 5 minutes; second stage includes washing first in warm deionized water (H2O) at T = 65-70 °C for 5 minutes followed by washing in two baths, each having spillover points in four sides, at water flowrate of 400 l/h and wash time of 5 minutes in each bath; wafers are checked for adequate cleaning by focused incident light beam at maximum six luminous points.
EFFECT: reduced number of operations required to remove resistive mask, ability of attaining clean surfaces free from photolithographic contaminants.
FIELD: electronics; semiconductor devices and methods for etching structures on their wafers.
SUBSTANCE: plasmochemical etching of material is conducted by way of acting on its surface with ion flow of plasma produced from plasma forming gas filling evacuated camber, electron beam being used to act upon plasma forming gas for plasma generation. Constant longitudinal magnetic field with flux density of 20-40 Gs is built on axis, plasma-generating gas pressure is maintained within chamber between 0.01 and 0.1 Pa, and electron beam at current density of 0.1-1 A/cm2 ensuring ignition of beam-plasma discharge is used. Etching condition (energy and ion current density) can be controlled ether by modulating electron beam with respect to speed or by varying potential of discharge collector.
EFFECT: enhanced etching efficiency (speed) and quality of etching structures on semiconductor material surface: high degree of etching anisotropy preventing etching under mask, minimized material structure radiation defects brought in during etching.
2 cl, 1 dwg
FIELD: semiconductor device manufacture; silicon-wafer surface post-oxidation etching, boron and phosphor sublimation.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for removing crystallites from silicon wafer surface includes pre-oxidation of wafer surface in oxygen environment at temperature of 850 °C for 20 minutes followed by chemical treatment in hydrofluoric acid and ammonium fluoride solution, proportion of ingredients being 1 : 6.
EFFECT: provision for complete removal of crystallites from silicon wafer surface after heat treatment, reduced wafer treatment time.
FIELD: plasma reaction gas, its production and application.
SUBSTANCE: proposed plasma reaction gas has in its composition chain-structure perfluoroalkyne incorporating 5 or 6 atoms of carbon, preferably perfluorine-2-pentyne. This plasma reaction gas can be found useful for dry etching to produce precision structure, for plasma chemical precipitation from vapor phase, for producing thin film, and for plasma chemical incineration. Plasma reaction gas is synthesized by way of bringing dihydrofluoroalkyne or monohydroalkyne in contact with basic compound.
EFFECT: enhanced economic efficiency of highly selective gas production for plasma reaction on industrial scale.
FIELD: electronic engineering; group treatment of flat glass substrates.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for washing and drying flat glass substrates includes following operations: substrate held in magazine is placed in washing bath filled with deionized water, washed out, and then slowly taken out of magazine; while substrates are being taken out of water, they are washed and dried out in nitrogen and organic solvent vapors; upon such treatment substrates are secured in extreme upper position, whereupon magazine is moved up, washed, and dried in the same way as substrates; treated substrates are placed in extreme upper position into magazine and the latter is then removed together with substrates from drying chamber. Device implementing proposed method is also given in invention specification.
EFFECT: enhanced quality of substrate treatment; ability of process automation in flexible production line; simplified design.
2 cl 5 dwg
FIELD: electronic engineering; treatment of semiconductor materials including semiconductor silicon wafers.
SUBSTANCE: proposed solution for electrochemical dissolution of silicon has ammonia chloride and urea used as solvent, their proportion being as follows, mass percent: ammonia chloride, 7 - 10; urea, 90 - 93. Provision is made for controlling rate of silicon etching at current output close to 100%.
EFFECT: ability of controlling silicon etching rate and of eliminating environmentally detrimental substances in solution.
FIELD: production of dirt-free laser mirrors.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method for producing dirt-free surfaces of materials chosen from group incorporating GaAs, GaAlAs, InGaAs, InGaAsP, and InGaAs on mirror facets of chip for GaAS based laser resonators includes shearing of laser mirror facet in ambient atmosphere incorporating normal air, dry air, or dry nitric media. Oxides and other pollutants produced in the course of ambient atmosphere impact on mirror facets are removed by dry etching in vacuum. Then natural nitride layer is grown on mirror facets using nitrogen treatment. Such facet treatment ensures minimized light absorption and surface recombination.
EFFECT: facilitated procedure, enhanced economic efficiency and yield due to high reproducibility.
37 cl, 5 dwg
FIELD: organic chemistry, chemical technology.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to a method for purifying octafluorocyclobutane. Method is carried out by interaction of crude octafluorocyclobutane containing impurities with the impurity-decomposing agent at increased temperature and then with adsorbent that is able to eliminate indicated impurities up to the content less 0.0001 wt.-% from the mentioned crude octafluorocyclobutane. Impurity-decomposing agent comprises ferric (III) oxide and compound of alkaline-earth metal in the amount from 5 to 40 wt.-% of ferric oxide and from 60 to 95 wt.-% of compound of alkaline-earth metal as measured for the complete mass of the impurity-decomposing agent. Ferric (III) oxide represents γ-form of iron hydroxyoxide and/or γ-form of ferric (III) oxide. Impurity represents at least one fluorocarbon taken among the group consisting of 2-chloro-1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane, 1-chloro-1,1,2,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane, 1-chloro-1,1,2,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane, 1-chloro-1,2,2,2-tetrafluoroethane, 1-chloro-1,1,2,2-tetrafluoroethane, 1,2-dichloro-1,1,2,2-tetrafluoroethane, hexafluoropropene and 1H-heptafluoropropane. Adsorbent represents at least one of representatives taken among the group including activated carbon, carbon molecular sieves and activated coal. Crude octafluorocyclobutane interacts with the mentioned impurity-decomposing agent at temperature from 250oC to 380oC. Invention proposes gas, etching gas and purifying gas including octafluorocyclobutane with purity degree 99.9999 wt.-% and above and comprising fluorocarbon impurity in the concentration less 0.0001 wt.-%. Invention provides enhancing purity of octafluorocyclobutane.
EFFECT: improved purifying method.
26 cl, 13 tbl, 10 ex
FIELD: organic chemistry, chemical technology.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to a method for purifying octafluoropropane. Method is carried out by interaction of crude octafluoropropane comprising impurities with the impurity-decomposing agent at increased temperature and then with adsorbent that are able to remove indicated impurities up to the content less 0.0001 wt.-% from indicated crude octafluoropropane. The impurity-decomposing agent comprises ferric (III) oxide and compound of alkaline-earth metal in the amount from 5 to 40 wt.-% of ferric oxide and from 60 to 95 wt.-% of compound of alkaline-earth metal as measured for the complete mass of the impurity-decomposing agent. Ferric (III) oxide represents γ-form of iron hydroxyoxide and/or γ-form of ferric (III) oxide. Impurities represent at least one compound taken among the group consisting of chloropentafluoroethane, hexafluoropropene, chlorotrifluoromethane, dichlorodifluoromethane and chlorodifluoromethane. Adsorbent represents at least one substance taken among the group consisting of activated coal, molecular sieves and carbon molecular sieves. Crude octafluoropropane comprises indicated impurities in the amount from 10 to 10 000 mole fr. by mass. Invention proposes gas, etching gas and purifying gas comprising octafluoropropane with purity degree 99.9999 wt.-% and above and containing chlorine compound in the concentration less 0.0001 wt.-%. Invention provides enhancing purity of octafluoropropane.
EFFECT: improved purifying method.
13 cl, 11 tbl, 12 ex
FIELD: polymer materials.
SUBSTANCE: method of applying high-resolution image of functional layers, e.g. for applying lithographic mask or other functional layers, comprises polymerization of monomers from vapor phase under action of finely focused electron beam with energy 1 to 1000 keV followed by injection of monomer vapors at pressure from 10-4 to 10 torr. Electron beam is introduced into working chamber through a small opening in membrane, which enables avoiding scattering of electrons on membrane and, at the same time, maintaining monomer vapor pressure in working chamber high enough to ensure acceptable growth time for thickness (height) of image line. Preferred image applying conditions are the following: electron energy in electron beam 10 to 500 keV and monomer vapor pressure 0.001 to 10 torr. For electron beam diameter 50 nm, image width 100-150 nm can be obtained. When improving electron beam focusing, accessible electron beam diameter may be further diminished.
EFFECT: enabled high-resolution image of functional layers directly from monomer in single-step "dry" process without using any solvents.
2 cl, 2 dwg, 8 ex
FIELD: semiconductor microelectronics; high-degree surface cleaning technologies.
SUBSTANCE: proposed method can be used in resource and energy conservation environmentally friendly and safe technology for integrated circuit manufacture, removal of positive photoresist from wafer surface, electrochemical etching of silicon, and degreasing of surfaces. Si surface is cleaned by detergent NH4HF2 of 0.1 - 4 M concentration activated by ozone at anode current density of 1 - 2 kA/m2, and waste solution is cleaned and activated by sequentially passing it through electrolyzer cathode and anode chamber.
EFFECT: enhanced quality and effectiveness of photoresist removal from semiconductor surface.
2 cl, 2 dwg
FIELD: plasma-chemical treatment of wafers and integrated circuit manufacture.
SUBSTANCE: proposed device that can be used in photolithography for photoresist removal and radical etching of various semiconductor layers in integrated circuit manufacturing processes has activation chamber made in the form of insulating pipe with working gas admission branch; inductor made in the form of inductance coil wound on part of pipe outer surface length and connected to high-frequency generator; reaction chamber with gas evacuating pipe, shielding screens disposed at pipe base, and temperature-stabilized substrate holder mounted in chamber base. In addition device is provided with grounded shield made in the form of conducting nonmagnetic cylinder that has at least one notch along its generating line and is installed between inductor and pipe; shielding screens of device are made in the form of set of thin metal plates arranged in parallel at desired angle to substrate holder within cylindrical holder whose inner diameter is greater than maximal diameter of wafers being treated. Tilting angle, quantity, and parameters of wafers are chosen considering the transparency of gas flow screen and ability of each wafer to overlap another one maximum half its area. In addition substrate holder is spaced maximum four and minimum 0.6 of pipe inner diameter from last turn of inductance coil; coil turn number is chosen to ensure excitation of intensive discharge in vicinity of inductor depending on generator output voltage and on inner diameter of pipe using the following equation:
where n is inductance coil turn number; U is generator output voltage, V; Dp is inner diameter of pipe, mm.
EFFECT: enhanced speed and quality of wafer treatment; reduced cost due to reduced gas and power requirement for wafer treatment.
1 cl, 6 dwg, 1 tbl
SUBSTANCE: proposed method that can be used for photolytic etching of wafers in the course of manufacture of very large-scale integrated circuit includes etching of SiO2 surface in sulfur hexafluoride under action of vacuum ultraviolet emission of deuterium-vapor lamp. Argon is introduced in addition into etching gas.
EFFECT: enhanced selectivity of silicon dioxide etching with respect to monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicon.
3 cl, 1 tbl
FIELD: process equipment for manufacturing semiconductor devices.
SUBSTANCE: plasma treatment chamber 200 affording improvement in procedures of pressure control above semiconductor wafer 206 is, essentially, vacuum chamber 212, 214, 216 communicating with plasma exciting and holding device. Part of this device is etching-gas source 250 and outlet channel 260. Boundaries of area above semiconductor wafer are controlled by limiting ring. Pressure above semiconductor wafer depends on pressure drop within limiting ring. The latter is part of above-the-wafer pressure controller that provides for controlling more than 100% of pressure control area above semiconductor wafer. Such pressure controller can be made in the form of three adjustable limiting rings 230, 232, 234 and limiting unit 236 on holder 240 that can be used to control pressure above semiconductor wafer.
EFFECT: enhanced reliability of pressure control procedure.
15 cl, 13 dwg
FIELD: manufacture of microelectronic and nanoelectronic devices.
SUBSTANCE: selective etchant of AlAs and AlGaAs layers relative to GaAs has iodine I2 and organic solvent wherein iodine I2 is dissolved, proportion of mentioned components being as follows, mass percent: iodine, 0.1 - 4; organic solvent, 96 - 99.9. Isopropyl alcohol or acetone can be used as organic solvent. Enhanced selectivity of etching AlAs and AlGaAs layers including those with low Al content (below 40%), as well as their high selectivity relative to InAs and InGaAs are attained at room temperature.
EFFECT: ability of using proposed etchant in nanotechnology for separating upper layers in the order of several single layers.
FIELD: engineering of semiconductor devices.
SUBSTANCE: invention concerns method and device for etching dielectric, removing etching mask and cleaning etching chamber. In etching chamber 40 semiconductor plate 56 is positioned. Dielectric 58 made on semiconductor plate is subjected to etching, using local plasma, produced by special device for producing local plasma during etching process. Mask for etching 60 is removed by means of plasma from autonomous source 54, generated in device for producing plasma from autonomous source connected to etching chamber. Etching chamber after removal of semiconductor plate is subjected to cleaning, using either local plasma, or plasma from autonomous source. To achieve higher level of cleaning, it is possible to utilize a heater, providing heating for chamber wall.
EFFECT: increased efficiency.
2 cl, 4 dwg
FIELD: technology for producing semi-penetrable membranes for molecular filtration of gas flows and for division of reaction spaces in chemical reactors.
SUBSTANCE: method for producing gas-penetrable membrane includes two-sided electro-chemical etching of monocrystalline plate made of composition AIIIBV of n conductivity type or of semiconductor AIV with width of forbidden zone E≥1,0 electron volts and alloying level 1017-1020 1/cm3. Modes of aforementioned etching are set, providing for generation of simultaneously porous layers, while etching process is performed until moment of spontaneous stopping of electro-chemical process and generation of solid separating layer of stationary thickness on given part of plate area, determined using sharp bend on the curve of temporal dependence of anode current.
EFFECT: gas membrane, produced in accordance to method, has increased penetrability for molecules of light gases and increased selectivity characteristics at room temperature.
2 cl, 3 dwg, 3 ex