Hydrophobic anti-icing composition
(57) Abstract:The invention relates to the field of construction and operation of residential and industrial buildings and structures and can be used to protect the roof and other elements from moisture and from an intensive process of icing. The composition comprises a siloxane polymer of the brand "LESTOIL-CM", hardener and gum rosin as a filler in the amount 10,0-60,0 wt. % of solids of the composition. Technical result: the creation of environmentally safe, cheap composition having high tensile strength residual elongation. 2 C.p. f-crystals, 1 table. The invention relates to the field of construction and operation of residential and industrial buildings and structures and can be used to protect their roof and other elements from moisture and from an intensive process of icing.For the assessment of novelty and inventive step of the claimed solution consider a number of known technical devices of similar purpose.Known anti-icing composition based on sodium chloride, including potassium chloride, magnesium chloride, hexacyanoferrate potassium, water, and sulfate deliciosamente the Disadvantage of this composition is its high cost and low mechanical characteristics.Known hydrophobic anti-icing organosiloxane composition OS-56-22 based on siloxane polymer, see THE 23.12-007-07.50-7601-99.The disadvantages of this composition is the high cost of the original component is a siloxane polymer, and the lack of high physical-mechanical properties of the coating, which is made on the basis of this composition, such as tensile strength and relative elongation (50%). These drawbacks greatly reduce the functionality of the composition and, accordingly, possible areas of application.Known inventor's certificate SU 1442528 A1, 09 K 3/18, 07.12.1988 describing the deicing composition based on siloxane polymer.The composition contains polyphenylsiloxane, phenylsilsesquioxane, polyethylsiloxane and toluene.By the greatest number of similar features and achieved when using the result of this technical solution is chosen as the prototype of the claimed invention.The disadvantage of the prototype is the high cost of the original component is a siloxane polymer, and not enough high physical-mechanical properties of the coating, made disadvantages greatly limit the functionality of the composition and, accordingly, possible areas of application.The objective of the invention is the creation of environmentally safe hydrophobic anti-icing composition, ensuring a high physico-mechanical properties produced by application of coatings, the broad functionality of the composition.The essence of the invention is expressed in the following essential features sufficient to achieve the above technical result.According to the invention a hydrophobic anti-icing composition comprising a siloxane polymer, a filler and a curing agent, characterized by the fact that as filler it contains rosin.This is a set of essential features that provide technical result in all cases to which the requested amount of legal protection.In addition, the claimed solution has optional features that characterize its special cases, the specific form of its material embodiment or special conditions of its use, namely:
as the rosin used gum rosin GOST 19113-84,
- the content of the rosin is within 10,0-60,0 wt.% the dry residue to the set of features, missing in all known technical objects similar purpose.Direct technical result that can be obtained when implementing the claimed combination of features, is that the inclusion in the composition as a filler environmentally safe rosin-related substances hazard class 4, also provides an improvement of a number of physico-mechanical characteristics of the coatings obtained with this composition (tensile strength residual elongation), simplifies the technology of preparation and use of compositions.This technical result is not a consequence of the known properties shown separately next known from other technical objects characteristics, such as rosin, and is the only property of the entire claimed in the first claim set of features.Specified allows you to recognize the claimed technical solution meets the criterion of "inventive step".The claimed composition was prepared as follows.Siloxane polymer, which can be used siloxane block copolymers of the brand "LESTOIL-CM (TU 38.03.1.006-90), normal is this in the same solvent dissolve gum rosin GOST 19113-84.Further, these two components of the claimed composition are mixed and add the hardener, for example methyltriacetoxysilane (TO - 10C) in an amount corresponding to the mass concentration of siloxane polymer, after which the claimed composition is stored in an airtight container in a condition suitable for immediate use.Any of the known methods of coating materials of the claimed composition is applied on the protected object surface, the solvent evaporates and the composition when it solidifies, forming a solid, reliable, hydrophobic, anti-icing and clean finish.Physico-mechanical properties of coatings made with the use of several specific variants of the claimed compositions shown in the table.Some useful properties which distinguish the claimed composition are as follows:
1. Composition is an environmentally friendly product.2. Introduction rosin instead of expensive siloxane polymer reduces the cost of the claimed compositions, as well as improves its environmental and operational characteristics, as rosin is allatoxin regional contact angle - index correlating with the hydrophobic cleaning properties of the composition. The realization of the stated differences leads to increased wetting angle with 102 to 105o.As can be seen from the table, adding in the composition of rosin in addition to providing ecological purity of the claimed composition leads to improvements in key indicators as tensile strength and residual elongation while maintaining the other rates high enough. Thus, coating, made using the claimed compositions are characterized by high strength, absence of residual elongation, which is an important indicator for elastomers, and work successfully in a wide temperature range from -50 to +110oC.The cost of the composition is significantly reduced due to the low cost of rosin, largely replacing expensive siloxane polymer.The industrial applicability of the claimed technical solution is confirmed by the successful test results of the coatings made with its use on a number of construction projects S. Petersburg.Using the stated solution with - sustainability, as rosin does not contain harmful to humans and the atmosphere substances,
- high strength and absence of residual elongation coating
- simplification of the application, as stated, the composition is delivered to the consumer in one-component form, i.e. in one sealed package, which eliminates errors in the preparation and application,
- enhanced functionality,
- reduced cost. 1. Hydrophobic anti-icing composition comprising a siloxane polymer and a curing agent, characterized in that it further as filler contains rosin.2. The composition according to p. 1, characterized in that as rosin is used gum rosin.3. The composition according to PP. 1 and 2, characterized in that the content of the rosin is within 10,0-60,0 wt. % of solids of the composition.
FIELD: road servicing industry.
SUBSTANCE: the invention is dealt with the road servicing industry, in particular with the methods of extirpation of ice covering on motorways, bridges, flyovers, and also aerodromes. The method of the roadway covering slipperiness prevention provides for application of a roadway ice covering suppressing reactant based on acetate, in the capacity of which use a solution with pH=7-9.5, containing components in the following ratio (in mass %): magnesium acetate 13-17, potassium acetate 8-16, potassium hydrocarbonate 5-8, potassium carbonate 2-6, water-insoluble impurities 0-6, water - the rest. The roadway ice covering suppressing reactant may additionally contain a fired limestone in amount of 3-5 mass % in terms of calcium oxide. The method of production a roadway ice cover suppressing reactant for a roadway covering slipperiness prevention provides for mixing of a component containing a magnesium compound, iced acetic acid and water, in the capacity of the component containing the magnesium compound is used brucite, the stirring is exercised in two stages: first they continuously agitate brucite with water and a part of iced acetic acid in a stoichiometric ratio at the temperature of 50-70°C within 50-80 minutes, then, not terminating mixing at the same temperature in the produced mix with pH=5-6 add the rest of ice acetic acid and then add potash in amount exceeding by 0.1 - 6 % the stoichiometric ratio and continue agitation till production of the roadway ice cover suppressing reactant - a solution with pH = 7-9.5 with the above indicated composition. The used roadway ice cover suppressing reactant has composition mentioned above. The technical result consists in - maintenance of the low temperature at the reactant usage, ensuring the passing ice covered roadways motor vehicles metal corrosion protection and at use as the airfield runways coatings - the corrosion protection of metals used in aircraft designs as well. The roadway coating treated with the reactant has a high coefficient of adhesion, that reduces the accident rate on the roadways.
EFFECT: the invention ensures, that the roadway coating treated with the reactant decreases the accident rate on the roadways.
6 cl, 2 tbl, 4 ex
FIELD: chemical industry.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to preparations used for prevention and removal of snow-ice formations in roads. An anti-glaze of ice preparation comprises the following components, wt.-%: calcium chloride, 15-50; sodium chloride, 48.5-83.5; potassium ferricyanide, 0.2-0.5, and sodium dihydrogen phosphate, 0.3-1.0. Anti-glaze of ice preparation in granulated form is resistant against caking, inhibits corrosion of metals and reduces inhibitory effect of chloride on plants.
EFFECT: improved and valuable properties of preparation.
FIELD: special reagents.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to substances for applying on surface to prevent or diminish adhering ice, mist or water on it, for prevention of icing, in particular, to anti-glaze of ice reagents. The composite comprises the following components, wt.-%: calcium chloride, 25-32; urea, 2-7; sodium nitrite, 0.03-1.0, and water, the balance. Invention provides preparing the composite harmless for environment that doesn't show harmful effect on environment, doesn't corrode road coatings, and inhibits corrosion of metals. Agent shows economy and high effectiveness.
EFFECT: improved and valuable properties of reagent.
2 cl, 1 tbl
FIELD: road-transport industry.
SUBSTANCE: method includes applying substance on asphalt-concrete mixture. As substance silicon-organic modifier is used, loss of which at 1 m2 of area of pre-placed on road asphalt-concrete mixture at temperature 80-100°C is no less than 0,3-0,5 kg. After applying modifier, asphalt-concrete mixture is rolled.
EFFECT: higher efficiency, no corrosive effect on metals, effective at temperature above -20°C.
2 cl, 3 tbl, 3 ex, 1 dwg
FIELD: domestic chemistry.
SUBSTANCE: invention relates to agents using against misting and icing windshields in transports, sight glasses in agent of individual protection and can be used in living conditions for prevention showcase glasses icing. The composition comprises the following components, wt.-%: polyoxyethylene glycol ester of synthetic primary higher alcohols of (C12-C14)-fraction as a surface-active substance, 6-25; urea or thiourea, or mixture of urea and thiourea, 1-20; glycerol, 5-25; ethylene glycol, 5-41; dye, 0.0005-0.02, and a solvent, the balance. Propyl alcohol as propanol-1 or propanol-2 can be used as a solvent. The composition elicits an anti-misting and anti-icing properties, provides two-sided protection of sight glasses of transport agents and agents of individual protection in cooling the protecting glass surface up to -40°C, elicits the prolonged protective effect, it doesn't solidify at the environment temperature below -40°C and doesn't require the special technical devices for its applying.
EFFECT: valuable properties of composition.
3 cl, 1 tbl, 10 ex
FIELD: Composition of an anti-icing water solution for roads surface treatment.
SUBSTANCE: the invention is pertaining to production of composition of an anti-icing water solution for roads surface treatment against a winter slipperiness (snow rolling-ups, a glaze ice, black ice) n the roads and streets in cities and settlements. The composition contains, in mass %: 20-27 calcium chloride, 5-30 ethyl alcohol, 0.3-5 corrosion inhibitors (borax or sodium nitrite or their mixture), the rest - water. The technical result is - an increase of effectiveness of the composition application, an increase of friction coefficient due to a decrease of the ice density, a raise of the composition ice melting capacity.
EFFECT: the invention ensures an increase of effectiveness of the composition application, an increased friction coefficient and a decreased ice density, a raise of the composition ice melting capacity.
1 cl, 1 ex, 2 tbl
FIELD: materials for miscellaneous applications.
SUBSTANCE: grain mixture comprise, in mass %, 15-45% of compressed first salt of alkaline or alkaline-earth metal and 85-55% of the second salt of alkaline or alkaline-earth metal. The first salt is a waterless hygroscopic salt.
EFFECT: reduced cost.
14 cl, 4 dwg
FIELD: preventive means against freezing and sticking of loose materials to walls of mining and transport equipment; prevention of dusting on interim roads, open-cut mining; protection of rolling stock against freezing and blowing-off of loose materials, coal and peat for example.
SUBSTANCE: preventive means is made in form of mixture of solvent and thickening additive of oil nature. Used as solvent are distillation residues of coke and by-product process and/or by-products of production of butadiene, isoprene, isobutylene, ethylene both independently and in mixture with distillation residues of production process of polymers, pyrolysis residues, benzene, styrene and distillation residues of production of butanol, isobutanol, 2-ethyl hexanol acid and 2-ethyl hexanol. Solvent may additionally contain gas oils of thermal and catalytic cracking and gas oils of coking process. Used as thickening additives are mineral and synthetic oils of all kinds, mixture of used oils, oil sludge, oil residues and oil fuel. Components of thickening additive and solvent are used at any combination. Novelty of invention is use of wastes of various processes of oil and petroleum chemistry products.
EFFECT: extended field of application; cut costs; enhanced ecological safety.
5 cl, 1 dwg, 2 tbl, 17 ex
FIELD: suppression or reduction of icing on surfaces by means of antiicing compounds.
SUBSTANCE: proposed anti-icing compounds contain succinic acid and/or succinic anhydride and neutralizing base, sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide or ammonium hydroxide in particular. When mixed with water anti-icing compounds form succinates in the course of reaction which causes fast liberation of heat sufficient for melting ice on surface. According to other versions, anti-icing compounds contain glycol which inhibits repeated icing on cleaned surface. Specification gives description of sets of compounds for melting snow and ice.
EFFECT: enhanced efficiency of melting snow and ice on aircraft and territories of their operation.
29 cl, 11 dwg, 7 tbl, 2 ex
FIELD: motor-car industry; other industries; methods of production of the anti-icing reactant.
SUBSTANCE: the invention is pertaining to the method of production of the anti-icing reactants for maintenance of roads in winter. The method of production of the anti-icing reactant based on sodium chloride and calcium chloride provides for mixing of the sodium chloride with calcium chloride and their heating and drying. Sodium chloride crystals are coated with the atomized solution of calcium chloride and dried in the "boiling bed" kiln with production of the double-layer granules, the outer layer of which is composed out of calcium chloride. Sodium chloride crystals are coated with calcium chloride in two phases. The forming small particles of calcium chloride are fed into the cyclone, whence the cyclone dust of the calcium chloride is fed into the mixer for intermixing with the wet crystals of sodium chloride. The produced anti-acing reactant has the improved physicochemical thermodynamic properties.
EFFECT: the invention ensures, that the produced anti-acing reactant has the improved physicochemical thermodynamic properties.
3 cl, 1 ex, 2 tbl