Resection removable denture in the upper jaw
(57) Abstract:The invention relates to medicine, in particular to prosthetic dentistry and is intended to fill the defect of the upper jaw of different origin in those cases, when there is a message of the maxillary sinus or sinuses from the oral cavity into the inlet of the defect is the defect in the presence of teeth on the healthy side of the jaw. The technical result consists in the restoration of masticatory function with partial resection of the upper jaw when there are teeth on the healthy side of the jaw. Resection removable denture in the upper jaw contains the obturator 1, made of elastic plastic, the base of which is rigidly connected to the base 2 of the prosthesis. The obturator is made hollow with thin elastic walls repeatable reliefwartrol spatial configuration of the defect of the upper jaw. The base 2 of the prosthesis with metal tube 3, one end of which is connected to the cavity 6 of the obturator, and the other by threaded connection 4 with the tooth cap 5. 1 C.p. f-crystals, 1 Il. The invention relates to medicine, in particular to prosthetic dentistry and is intended to fill the defect veruh with oral cavity and an inlet opening in the defect is the defect in the presence of teeth on the healthy side of the jaw.Known design resection of the denture in the upper jaw (see A. D. A. lubotsky. "Orthopedic care after resection of the upper jaw" in the book "Questions of dentistry and maxillofacial surgery". M., 1963, S. 246-251) . It contains the prosthetic base and hollow obturator of hard plastic, which is connected with the basis narashimha. With this construction, the prosthesis is accomplished in the following way. The prosthesis obturator is made up of surgical intervention, modeling the replacement part of the prosthesis is done arbitrarily. 3-4 weeks after the operation the adjustment of the obturator by layering soft black gutta-percha in areas of insufficient adhesion of the prosthesis to the edges of the defect. Then the gutta-percha is replaced by plastic. Replaces part of the prosthesis, the obturator does not fill completely formed postoperative defect. However, the imposition and removal of the obturator freely. Fixation of the prosthesis is carried out with the help of supporting and retaining clasps, telescopic crowns, and other elements of the fixing device laminar or clasp dental prosthesis on the healthy side of the upper jaw, if it has teeth. If the upper jaw bezzi design are: production of the obturator initially approximately and he does not fill the postoperative defect, therefore, the retention points are not used, so when chewing on the side of the defect arises as a lever of the first kind, that is the cause of back-and-forth movements of the parts of the prosthesis, in the defect. This in turn leads to the fact that:
- loosened, pywikipedia and break the abutment teeth on the abutment side, therefore, the service life of the prosthesis is reduced. In the absence of teeth on the healthy side of the upper jaw this prosthesis is not fixed at all and does not restore chewing function;
- when chewing absent-tight separation of the nasal and oral cavity, and the liquid food enters the nose;
- broken foncia speech, and remains open nasalized speech;
- arise from bedsores hard obturator and rubs at his movements;
when contractures of the lower jaw, the introduction of the prosthesis is difficult or impossible.Also known construction resection of the denture in the upper jaw, consisting of two detachable parts basis and obturator (see B. K., Koster, C. A. Minyaeva. "Maxillofacial prosthetics". Medicine, 1985, S. 33-34)  . It contains the basis of the prosthesis and full obturator and the functions of the prosthesis is carried out as follows. At 10-12 days after surgery using functional tests by the formation of the obturator from thermoplastic plastic, which is included in the region of the defect only enough to use some of the retention points and not play fully its shape. After a series of technological operations is made hollow obturator with permanent magnets. This prosthesis is significantly easier to use in the presence of contractures. But as the obturator does not form defect, its disadvantages are:
- fixation of the two parts under masticatory loads very problematic, therefore, to achieve a hermetic their connection is not possible;
- replaces part of the prosthesis, the obturator does not fill the cavity of the defect, therefore, the retention points are not used. This leads to the above-mentioned disadvantages.The closest to the technical nature of the claimed resection is removable denture in the upper jaw (see S. N. Radnaev. "Prosthetics with unilateral resection of the upper jaw and no teeth" in the collection "Reconstructive surgery of the maxillofacial area", Krasnoyarsk, 1989, S. 99-102) . It contains a basis, to which is rigidly attached monolithic optoelektonnye items but due to the elasticity of the obturator piassava prosthesis easier and less painful. The disadvantages of this design are:
the weight of the structure and disturbance commit;
- stiffness, which become elastic plastic in the monolith, causes bedsores;
- introduction of monolithic obturator may then, when the input hole in the defect corresponds to the magnitude of the defect. If not, then the retention points are not used, therefore, the prosthesis has all of the above disadvantages;
- due to the repeated correction terms of adaptation increase.The technical result of the invention is to restore chewing function with partial resection of the upper jaw when the inlet is already the defect when there are teeth on the healthy side of the jaw, achieved by opening of the obturator when it is placed in the defect zone and the repetition of the obturator given reliefwartrol spatial configuration of the defect.This is achieved by resection in removable denture in the upper jaw containing the obturator is made of elastic plastic, the base of which is rigidly connected to the base of the prosthesis according to the invention, the obturator you the project of the upper jaw, the basis of the prosthesis equipped with a metal tube, one end of which is connected with the cavity of the obturator, and the other by threaded connection with tooth-cap.The figure shows a schematic drawing resection of the denture in the upper jaw. It contains a hollow obturator 1, made of elastic plastic. The base of the obturator 1 is rigidly connected with the base 2. The base 2 is provided with a metal tube 3, one end of which is connected with the cavity of the obturator 6, and the other, by threaded connection 4, with the tooth cap 5. Elastic obturator 1 in the specific example made of elastoplast and has a wall thickness of 3 mm Pre-make a mold of postoperative defect and cast model of the defect, which in a ditch by the method of normal curing of plastics are made of hollow elastic obturator with a wall thickness of 3 mmThe defect of the upper jaw with resection of the denture is compensated as follows. Pre-patient removes denture tooth cap 5. Due to the fact that the obturator 1 is flexible, thin wall, the patient can easily collapse it into a tube for painless insertion through the narrow opening of the entrance to the defect. DL is Benia it through a metal tube 3 with the atmosphere is balanced air pressure in the obturator 1 with the atmosphere. Wall of the obturator 1 finish in the defect and take initial set form, repeating complex reliefwartrol spatial configuration of the cavity of the defect. It uses all retention points of the defect, and the prosthesis is firmly held in the cavity of the defect. Then the patient by means of a threaded connection 4 puts the tooth cap 5 and closes the cavity of the obturator 1, which prevents the falling of the walls of the obturator 1 and the loss of the prosthesis when it is used. During operation of this construction can eliminate the negative effects arising from the use of previously existing designs.Resection removable denture of the claimed design has been tested on a group of patients of 12 people. Patients had postoperative defect of the upper jaw due to cancer. The inlet of the defect in each patient was already the defect and had the teeth on the healthy side of the jaw. They were conducted orthopedic treatment using the inventive resection of the denture. Due to the fact that the prosthesis is fully repeats the shape of the cavity of the defect, he tightly held in the mouth when chewing on the patient side of the tion of the upper jaw, not had any sores and ensure the full integrity of the oral and nasal cavities.Sources of information
1. A. D. A. lubotsky, "Orthopedic care after resection of the upper jaw". In Proc. of "Questions of oral and maxillofacial surgery". M., 1963, S. 246-251.2. B. K. Koster, C. A. Minyaeva "Maxillofacial prosthetics". Medicine. 1985, S. 33-34.3. Prototype: S. N. Radnaev "Prosthesis with unilateral resection of the upper jaw and no teeth." In Proc. of "Reconstructive surgery of the maxillofacial region. Krasnoyarsk. 1989, S. 99-102. 1. Resection removable denture in the upper jaw containing the obturator is made of elastic plastic, the base of which is rigidly connected to the base of the prosthesis, characterized in that the obturator is made hollow with thin elastic walls with the possibility of placing it in the cavity of the defect of the upper jaw and repetition reliefwartrol spatial configuration of the latter, while the alignment of the air pressure in the cavity of the obturator and the atmosphere, the prosthetic base fitted with a metal tube, one end of which is connected with the cavity of the obturator, and the other by threaded connection with tooth-cap.
SUBSTANCE: method involves using obturating prosthesis having basic and auxiliary surface connected to each other with additional anterior, posterior and two lateral vertically arranged surfaces forming a cavity. The anterior and posterior vertically arranged surfaces have slot-like recesses. Reference notch marks are produced on the auxiliary surface near nose. The alveolar process is manufactured as base and wall. Reference notch marks are produced on the base. Wall has holes for making process lightweight. Teeth are set on the wall.
EFFECT: simplified prosthesis design.
6 cl, 3 dwg
SUBSTANCE: method involves basic and auxiliary horizontally arranged surfaces joined by means of additional frontal, back and two lateral vertically arranged surfaces with a plane being formed. The frontal and back vertically arranged surfaces have recesses as retention grooves. Reference notches are made in the nose area on auxiliary surface. The alveolar process is manufactured base and wall. The base has reference notches. The wall has openings for reducing process weight. Teeth are mounted on the wall. Three openings arranged as triangle which base is turned towards pharynx are produced in auxiliary surface of the obturator prosthesis. Metal containers having matrices pressed into them are introduced into the openings. Three openings arranged as triangle which base is turned towards pharynx are produced on the base bottom. Pedicles (flow gates) having retention notches are mounted in the openings. Each flow gate ends in patrix engageable with corresponding matrix.
EFFECT: simplified and reliable method for fixing alveolar process.
3 cl, 3 dwg
FIELD: medical engineering.
SUBSTANCE: device has partial removable palatine plate prosthesis bearing artificial temporary. The palatine plate has an anterior and two lateral segments connected to each other by means of screw in the anterior palatine fornix region allowing autonomous displacement. Cramp iron members are set on the fangs and on the boundary separating the anterior and lateral segments and on the second temporary molars. Shield for moving upper lip aside is placed in the area of dental arch defect along alveolar process with anterior segment. The shield forms slit between shield surface and gingiva. The shield is stretched to contact point of fang to the first permanent molar. Shield edge is made oval and congruent to transit fold contour.
EFFECT: cosmetically full-valued substitution of upper dental arch defect.
FIELD: medical engineering.
SUBSTANCE: method involves producing maxillary defect imprint, manufacturing its plaster model and modeling wax pattern of obturator prosthesis. The model is compressed with single basis wax layer. Recess is formed on the palatine part corresponding to defect shape. The basis and wax copy of artificial alveolar process is modeled and teeth setting is carried out. Plate is produced from basis wax as a cover closing the recess formed on the palatine part. The cover models the palatine fornix in which a hole of 10-15 mm large diameter is produced. The plate is fixed with wax on defect edges. The so modeled hollow obturator prosthesis is plastered into cuvette composed of two parts - bottom and cover. Model with obturator prosthesis in vertical position is plastered into lower cuvette part. Upper cuvette part is set and filled with liquid gypsum on vibrating table. Gypsum flows inside of obturator through an opening in palatine part. Metal wire loop is introduced into the obturator through an opening in wax plate. Wire diameter is 1.0-1.5 mm as large. The cuvette is hold to achieve full hardening of gypsum. The cuvette is opened after removing wax by applying evaporation method. Obturator model and upper cuvette part are filled with dough-like plastic. Both parts of the cuvette is joined and pressed in vertical direction using bench press. The plastic is polymerized. The prosthesis is removed from the cuvette. Gypsum and reinforcing wire are removed from the cuvette through the palatine part opening. The opening is closed with self-hardening plastic. The prosthesis is filed and polished and fitted in the oral cavity.
EFFECT: improved strength properties; exact correspondence to prosthesis bed.
SUBSTANCE: method involves manufacturing silicon cliché stensil for reproducing morphologic pattern of palatine surface of removable maxillary plate prosthesis base and individual pattern of transverse palatine sulci. The cliché stensil is a fragment of adjusted double anatomical maxilla impression with imprint of individual pattern of transverse palatine sulci. To do it, adjusted double anatomical maxilla imprint is to be produced using imprint silicone mass. After having produced the impression, palatine surface fragment is cut out from it. Wax is heated on oral side at the laboratory stage for manufacturing removable plate prosthesis when modeling removable final wax reproduction of maxillary plate prosthesis base; and the palatine surface is printed by means of earlier produced cliché stensil.
EFFECT: high accuracy in reproducing of individual palatine sulci pattern; full-valued rehabilitation of patients with partially or completely failing teeth.
FIELD: orthopedic stomatology.
SUBSTANCE: method of forming elastic silicone substrate on rigid plastic basis consists in that mechanically and chemically treated surface of rigid basis adjusting to prosthetic bed is moistened with monomer being a member of basis plastic composition, dried, and coated with adhesive primer. After 1 min pause, basis is introduced for 3-4 min into microwave field emitted by source with power 450-600 W. After microwave treatment, surface is coated by cold-cured elastomer and substrate layer is then formed in mouth cavity. Adhesive strength of layer is thus increased by more than 1.5-2 times when compared to conventional method.
EFFECT: increased strength of bond between soft substrate and rigid plastic basis, and prolonged service time of denture.
1 tbl, 3 ex
FIELD: medicine; orthopedics.
SUBSTANCE: compound-jam post-resection denture can be used for making compound-jam prosthetic appliances for patients having wide defects of tissues of jam-face area. Denture is made in form of removable construction which has fixing, substituting and hollow sealing parts. Groove is made additionally in denture which groove locates onto top surface of sealing part. There is also channel passing through denture which has input being made inside the groove. Output of channel is disposed between second pre-molar and first pre-molar inside interior to provide muscular retention of denture. Bottom of the groove is made to have inclination to input of channel.
EFFECT: possibility of self-release of liquid stored onto top part of sealing part of denture.
SUBSTANCE: method involves is fulfilled in two stages. Collapsible structure of temporary combined gnathic prosthesis is manufactured at the first stage during the first two months. The prosthesis has two obturating parts having surfaces congruent to defect cavity manufactured from flexible plastic and removable full laminar dental prosthesis having locking thrusting member manufactured by means of transfer molding. The second stage involves manufacturing permanent one-piece removable combined gnathic prosthesis using transfer molding method after holding during 5-6 months to eliminate muscle contracture and form prosthesis bed. The prosthesis has hollow obturating part and full removable laminar dental prosthesis.
EFFECT: simplified production process; early stage cancer patient rehabilitation in half-maxilla resection cases.
SUBSTANCE: method involves covering dental structures or prostheses with ribbon manufactured from fibers and coating it with filling material layer. The ribbon is manufactured from fluorine-containing copolymer monofiber of circular cross-section woven as ribbon as it is shown on dwg 1.
EFFECT: provided dental structure balanced life when splinting and high adhesion degree of prosthesis to filling material.
FIELD: medical engineering.
SUBSTANCE: device has double layer base and artificial teeth. Base layer, facing prosthesis bed having external edges positioned in active movable part of mucous membrane in making engagement to transition vault fold enveloping upper lip frenulum and buccal folds with closing valve being formed, is manufactured from superelastic titanium nickelide. The base layer compensating alveolar process bone tissue atrophy is manufactured from acrylic plastic.
EFFECT: accelerated adaptation period; improved strength characteristics.