Removable pads for older persons
(57) Abstract:The invention is intended for use in prosthetic dentistry. Removable dental prosthesis contains a u-shaped bearing base with artificial teeth to adjacent locking surfaces. The ends of the bases are connected in pairs by transverse vertical jumpers with the possibility of providing mobility of the bases relative to each other vertically and immobility horizontally. The ends of the bases are connected by jumper by hinges, ensuring congruence of the bite. The technical result is to reduce the morbidity of the mucous membrane of the mouth during use. 1 C. p. F.-ly, 4 Il. The invention relates to the field of medical engineering, in particular to dental devices. It is intended for the elderly, lost teeth, and replaces the last, i.e., allows full grinding of food.Many dental devices are composed of u-shaped bearing base. This is caused by the need to simulate the shape of the jaws of the patient. Such devices, in particular, is dantesco - invention of the author of this proposal author.St. Abi with the features of the proposed device. However, the purpose of genoscope somewhat different from the purpose of this device. Therefore, genocop can be seen as a distant cousin.The known device, replacing the natural teeth - single and multiple restorations. In fact, this artificial teeth fixed in the oral cavity of the patient on his left intact natural teeth. Or in the case of absence of the latter are fixed on solid grounds (on the artificial jaws). The first case is preferable, because then the dentures are functionally complete, and are almost exactly like natural teeth, are not inferior to them. But for the elderly with a single surviving natural teeth or a complete lack thereof have to use removable dentures on artificial jaws despite their annoying flaws. The essence of these dentures is as follows.Creates a suction (vacuum) to the palate with a plastic plate. Its configuration is the same as the configuration of the sky, which leads to the suction effect as mounting phenomena. On the outer edge of this hard plate (it is thickened, has a horseshoe shape and plays the role of the upper jaw) is rigidly fixed to the number of the suit is massova arc. Its lower surface, suction to the bottom, the same as the configuration tubenoses surface of the lower jaw. This ensures that the suction effect of the lower denture to the alveolar surface. The upper part of the arc covered with artificial teeth.Data dentures are the prototype of the claimed invention. They are not effective, and their use is accompanied by painful sensations. The reasons for these shortcomings are as follows:
- suction surface RUB the mucous membrane of the palate and sobnosky plots in both jaws (especially when eating);
- previous disadvantage is amplified by the unattainability of the ideal bodily match and plastic surfaces, providing the suction. Moreover, from the jaws protruding fragments of the former teeth or roots that prevent adhesion. These fragments before the prosthesis should be removed, which is painful and not all patients will agree to thereby subject themselves to the pain of dentures made with incomplete suction effect;
- bearing plate dentures should be thin (no thicker than 2 mm). But because they are brittle;
- the use of metal instead of plastic in this technology pelucchi as nails), etc. painful and therefore rarely used.These drawbacks determine the need for a fundamentally new way of prosthetics. This is what provides the claimed product. It is free from the drawbacks of the existing prostheses described above.The essence of the invention is that the characteristics of the prototype (the presence of two arcuate bearing bases with rigidly fixed on them a series of artificial teeth on the locking surfaces, and configuration of the bases follows the shape of the alveolar processes of the respective jaws) supplemented distinctive features: the presence of mutual connection of adjacent ends of the bases, and the ends (one or both) are cross bridge, through which (Oh) ends movably connected, so the Central part of the grounds can move towards and apart from each other vertically; the last action performed automatically due to the presence of springs, pushing the base toward each other; at the base is a guide extensions leading tangentially to the inner surfaces of the alveolar processes of the jaws of the patient, and this limits the backlash and offset ustroistvo soft cushioning pads.The introduction of the distinctive features is intended to provide a solution to:
- elimination passively (along with the traumatic) a denture in the mouth.- eliminate smexiest upper and lower limb bases relative to each other horizontally, thereby eliminating nesovpadaet the occlusal surfaces of opposing teeth relative to each other;
- providing semi-automatic mode chewing
- providing the perfect congruence of the occlusal surfaces of opposing teeth,
- to reduce the invasiveness of the contact device with the mucous membrane.The solution of these problems is provided distinctive features as follows. The connection ends of both prostheses provided an intimate connection of the prosthesis in a single device. This unity gave the device volume and thus created the possibility of functional fixation of the device in the mouth entirely as a single conglomerate. The presence of arching springs gave the device a state of constant maximum volume that holds the device in the oral cavity due to the fullness inside her. Due to this fixation is achieved the possibility of refusing the ASS="ptx2">The use of compounds of moving vertically and together with the fixed horizontally to the ends of the prosthesis, provided the dentures nameselect relative to each other horizontally and gave the best sovpadaet chewing surfaces. That is, provided their full congruence and thereby improves the quality of chewing.Application arching springs provided the automaticity of expanding the top and bottom of the device while opening the mouth. This is beneficial for both mentioned volumetric fixation device in the mouth, and to a General feeling of lightness act of chewing that care for older persons.The use of soft pads provides atraumatically and comfort of the contact device with the mucous membrane.Thus, these distinctive features are useful, give a new positive result. They do not occur in the prototype and its analogues, which allows to consider these new signs.In Fig. 1 depicts the inventive device (hingeless option), front view. In Fig. 2 - side view. In Fig. 3 - in swivel modification, side view. In Fig. 4 is a top view.Removable pads lei and nodes, in functional-structural unity. Horseshoe-shaped (arcuate) bearing base 1 and 2 are mapped so that their subopcode surface are adjacent and smykanie.Grounds 1, 2 and the teeth 10, 11 (as well as all other teeth) made of durable hard plastic or stainless steel. Strip covering the upper outer surface of the guide appendices 3, 4, 9 and lower outer surfaces of the guide appendices 6, 7, 12, made in the form of plates of microporous rubber or foam rubber, is fastened to the processes of glue plasma and because of their simplicity, the thumbnails are not shown.Springy plate 5, 8 or springs 13, 20 tend to push the base 1, 2 relative to each other. Moreover, in a hinged embodiment (Fig. 3,4) extracting accompanied by movement of the ends of the bases around the axes 16, 17, 18, 19 in the areas of mobile connections 14,15. In hingeless variant (Fig. 1,2) extracting grounds 1, 2 is due to the extension spring plates 5,8.Cross bridge 23 of the ends of the bases can be performed in a spring form, i.e. of the spring plates 5, 8. In this case, the previously mentioned spring 13, 20 and screw connections 14, 15 in the construction of isdel is standing.One of the functional joints 14, 15, namely the joint 15 connects a gap between the substrate 2 and the crosspiece 23 (Fig. 3). The presence of joint 15 provides congruence - sovpadaet teeth of the upper and lower row of bearing bases.The use of pads next. Clean washed with soap (or disinfecting solution) the device according to Fig. 1 is compressed by the force of arms vertically, reducing the base 1, 2 to the closed state, as shown in Fig. 2. Then spring 8 forward device vidvigayt in a widely opened mouth of the patient and let him go for independent automatic retraction. Thanks to the guide appendices 3, 6, 9, 7 and 4, 12 (21, 22) the unit yourself focused in the mouth, taking the correct working position. In cases of insignificant deviations from this position it is restored minor correction efforts of language. In the future, the patient has the ability to reduce the base 1, 2 masticatory muscles and thereby clamping the upper and lower dentitions. The breeding grounds are made automatically through the efforts developed by the springs 13, 20 or plates 5, 8. Thus is achieved the ability to make voice funktsii to free the mouth of the lining, the patient can move the base 1, 2 with the thumb and index fingers, then pull the pads entirely out of his mouth.The advantages of the inventive device in comparison with the prototype are: the almost complete absence of trauma mucous membrane of the mouth during use, the ability of the patient to perform self-service without having to resort to paid services of a dentist (you don't need a very complicated procedure of fitting and fits dental prosthetist for a considerable fee, comparable to the price of our products); full nesmachivaemost products (steel version), no need to purchase new products other configurations as resorption of the alveolar processes of the patient, improving quality and speeding up the process of mastication due to the perfect sovpadaet chewing surfaces of your dentures, simplicity of operation of the device. These advantages create significant quality and economic efficiency of the invention.Thus, our product more attractive to patients, their superior performance characteristics than the prototype. It is quite technologically advanced: for its production does not require the development of new Neizvestny absence of teeth, consisting of a u-shaped bearing bases with artificial teeth to adjacent contiguous surfaces, the ends of the bases are connected in pairs by transverse vertical jumpers with the possibility of providing mobility of the bases relative to each other vertically and immobility horizontally, characterized in that the ends of the bases are connected by jumper by hinges, ensuring congruence bite.2. The prosthesis under item 1, characterized in that between the ends of the bases on each side of the front swivel posted by spring planting bite.
SUBSTANCE: method involves using obturating prosthesis having basic and auxiliary surface connected to each other with additional anterior, posterior and two lateral vertically arranged surfaces forming a cavity. The anterior and posterior vertically arranged surfaces have slot-like recesses. Reference notch marks are produced on the auxiliary surface near nose. The alveolar process is manufactured as base and wall. Reference notch marks are produced on the base. Wall has holes for making process lightweight. Teeth are set on the wall.
EFFECT: simplified prosthesis design.
6 cl, 3 dwg
SUBSTANCE: method involves basic and auxiliary horizontally arranged surfaces joined by means of additional frontal, back and two lateral vertically arranged surfaces with a plane being formed. The frontal and back vertically arranged surfaces have recesses as retention grooves. Reference notches are made in the nose area on auxiliary surface. The alveolar process is manufactured base and wall. The base has reference notches. The wall has openings for reducing process weight. Teeth are mounted on the wall. Three openings arranged as triangle which base is turned towards pharynx are produced in auxiliary surface of the obturator prosthesis. Metal containers having matrices pressed into them are introduced into the openings. Three openings arranged as triangle which base is turned towards pharynx are produced on the base bottom. Pedicles (flow gates) having retention notches are mounted in the openings. Each flow gate ends in patrix engageable with corresponding matrix.
EFFECT: simplified and reliable method for fixing alveolar process.
3 cl, 3 dwg
FIELD: medical engineering.
SUBSTANCE: device has partial removable palatine plate prosthesis bearing artificial temporary. The palatine plate has an anterior and two lateral segments connected to each other by means of screw in the anterior palatine fornix region allowing autonomous displacement. Cramp iron members are set on the fangs and on the boundary separating the anterior and lateral segments and on the second temporary molars. Shield for moving upper lip aside is placed in the area of dental arch defect along alveolar process with anterior segment. The shield forms slit between shield surface and gingiva. The shield is stretched to contact point of fang to the first permanent molar. Shield edge is made oval and congruent to transit fold contour.
EFFECT: cosmetically full-valued substitution of upper dental arch defect.
FIELD: medical engineering.
SUBSTANCE: method involves producing maxillary defect imprint, manufacturing its plaster model and modeling wax pattern of obturator prosthesis. The model is compressed with single basis wax layer. Recess is formed on the palatine part corresponding to defect shape. The basis and wax copy of artificial alveolar process is modeled and teeth setting is carried out. Plate is produced from basis wax as a cover closing the recess formed on the palatine part. The cover models the palatine fornix in which a hole of 10-15 mm large diameter is produced. The plate is fixed with wax on defect edges. The so modeled hollow obturator prosthesis is plastered into cuvette composed of two parts - bottom and cover. Model with obturator prosthesis in vertical position is plastered into lower cuvette part. Upper cuvette part is set and filled with liquid gypsum on vibrating table. Gypsum flows inside of obturator through an opening in palatine part. Metal wire loop is introduced into the obturator through an opening in wax plate. Wire diameter is 1.0-1.5 mm as large. The cuvette is hold to achieve full hardening of gypsum. The cuvette is opened after removing wax by applying evaporation method. Obturator model and upper cuvette part are filled with dough-like plastic. Both parts of the cuvette is joined and pressed in vertical direction using bench press. The plastic is polymerized. The prosthesis is removed from the cuvette. Gypsum and reinforcing wire are removed from the cuvette through the palatine part opening. The opening is closed with self-hardening plastic. The prosthesis is filed and polished and fitted in the oral cavity.
EFFECT: improved strength properties; exact correspondence to prosthesis bed.
SUBSTANCE: method involves manufacturing silicon cliché stensil for reproducing morphologic pattern of palatine surface of removable maxillary plate prosthesis base and individual pattern of transverse palatine sulci. The cliché stensil is a fragment of adjusted double anatomical maxilla impression with imprint of individual pattern of transverse palatine sulci. To do it, adjusted double anatomical maxilla imprint is to be produced using imprint silicone mass. After having produced the impression, palatine surface fragment is cut out from it. Wax is heated on oral side at the laboratory stage for manufacturing removable plate prosthesis when modeling removable final wax reproduction of maxillary plate prosthesis base; and the palatine surface is printed by means of earlier produced cliché stensil.
EFFECT: high accuracy in reproducing of individual palatine sulci pattern; full-valued rehabilitation of patients with partially or completely failing teeth.
FIELD: orthopedic stomatology.
SUBSTANCE: method of forming elastic silicone substrate on rigid plastic basis consists in that mechanically and chemically treated surface of rigid basis adjusting to prosthetic bed is moistened with monomer being a member of basis plastic composition, dried, and coated with adhesive primer. After 1 min pause, basis is introduced for 3-4 min into microwave field emitted by source with power 450-600 W. After microwave treatment, surface is coated by cold-cured elastomer and substrate layer is then formed in mouth cavity. Adhesive strength of layer is thus increased by more than 1.5-2 times when compared to conventional method.
EFFECT: increased strength of bond between soft substrate and rigid plastic basis, and prolonged service time of denture.
1 tbl, 3 ex
FIELD: medicine; orthopedics.
SUBSTANCE: compound-jam post-resection denture can be used for making compound-jam prosthetic appliances for patients having wide defects of tissues of jam-face area. Denture is made in form of removable construction which has fixing, substituting and hollow sealing parts. Groove is made additionally in denture which groove locates onto top surface of sealing part. There is also channel passing through denture which has input being made inside the groove. Output of channel is disposed between second pre-molar and first pre-molar inside interior to provide muscular retention of denture. Bottom of the groove is made to have inclination to input of channel.
EFFECT: possibility of self-release of liquid stored onto top part of sealing part of denture.
SUBSTANCE: method involves is fulfilled in two stages. Collapsible structure of temporary combined gnathic prosthesis is manufactured at the first stage during the first two months. The prosthesis has two obturating parts having surfaces congruent to defect cavity manufactured from flexible plastic and removable full laminar dental prosthesis having locking thrusting member manufactured by means of transfer molding. The second stage involves manufacturing permanent one-piece removable combined gnathic prosthesis using transfer molding method after holding during 5-6 months to eliminate muscle contracture and form prosthesis bed. The prosthesis has hollow obturating part and full removable laminar dental prosthesis.
EFFECT: simplified production process; early stage cancer patient rehabilitation in half-maxilla resection cases.
SUBSTANCE: method involves covering dental structures or prostheses with ribbon manufactured from fibers and coating it with filling material layer. The ribbon is manufactured from fluorine-containing copolymer monofiber of circular cross-section woven as ribbon as it is shown on dwg 1.
EFFECT: provided dental structure balanced life when splinting and high adhesion degree of prosthesis to filling material.
FIELD: medical engineering.
SUBSTANCE: device has double layer base and artificial teeth. Base layer, facing prosthesis bed having external edges positioned in active movable part of mucous membrane in making engagement to transition vault fold enveloping upper lip frenulum and buccal folds with closing valve being formed, is manufactured from superelastic titanium nickelide. The base layer compensating alveolar process bone tissue atrophy is manufactured from acrylic plastic.
EFFECT: accelerated adaptation period; improved strength characteristics.