Body armor item
(57) Abstract:Use: armor designs in the individual and vehicles protection from the impact of small arms bullets. The inventive body armor element containing ceramic layer 1 on the substrate 2, the edges of the ceramic layer 1 is set to the hinges 3 and the rigidity of the substrate 2 is changed from the center to the edges, and the lowest in the center, and the highest in the area of the hinge 2. When you at the initial moment of impact of the bullet on the ceramic layer 1, the Central part of the substrate 2 is involved in the motion, while passing a part of efforts to a more rigid portion of the substrate closer to the edges, which, turning on the hinges 3, transmit these efforts on ceramics, excluding premature destruction of the substrate 2. Ceramic layer 1 may have a residual voltage, and the substrate 2 can be layered. Ceramic layer 1 and the substrate 2 can be enclosed in viscous to strike a thin wrapper 4 and the substrate 2 can be set on a soft lining 5. 4 C. p. F.-ly, 2 Il. The invention relates to the field of weapons and ammunition, including armor designs that can be applied in individual and vehicles thy person from defeat by a bullet or projectile. The screen contains layers of aramid fabric, locally glued together, and in the areas of bonding is formed of a hard area in the form of strips (border) to the defined perimeter. On the layers of aramid fabric attached ceramic plate, while on the perimeter, they rely on a hard area. To the ceramic plate may stick to the substrate. In this case, the ceramic plate is supported by a rigid zone through the substrate. In addition, the screen may be protecting from injury gasket. Such a performance can be primarily
1) soften "water hammer" when the impact of the bullets, and the blow is distributed over a hard zone and passed on to the human body is not on the sharp edges of the ceramic plate, and through the specified zone around the perimeter;
2) when the impact of the bullet improve the protective properties of the screen, which consists in the fact that the layers of fabric, limited hard area on the perimeter of the work on removal of bullet fragments and pottery more effectively than without this zone, hard area allows each layer of the fabric to deform (stretch) in particular, but without the hard zone all layers of fabric work as a whole, while its deformation properties deteriorate, the fabric does not implement in full the tx2">The lack of protective screen is that hammer still localized, although to a lesser extent than without the hard areas. This person (even without penetration of the screen) can be suffered significant injuries. In addition, the ceramic layer has insufficient support from the back side (not over the entire surface), and only in areas around the perimeter that impairs its protective properties, thus it is more susceptible to brittle fracture.Also known armour plate  contains the front layer of ceramic bonded to the substrate of the composite material. To improve the protective properties of the armor plate porcelain surface is processed to a thickness of 0.07.1.27 mm, with soshlifovyvajutsja surface stress concentrators (pores, and so on) that contribute to brittle fracture of ceramics. During the shelling of the armored plate works in the usual way:
ceramic layer destroys the bullet;
the substrate slows and picks up the broken bullet and ceramics.For the selected prototype armor device  consisting of layers of metal and mineral.The arrangement of layers in the slab:
the front layer is made of metal;
adjacent to the front layer is made of a mineral;
shimodate bullet with armor in the front metal layer blow redistributed with a small surface area on a large area, bordering mineral that helps to improve its protective properties. However, the effect of the claimed device is shown only in a narrow region under the impact of bullets strictly normal to the layers of armor. We should point out the shortcomings of such armor. It is known that the interaction of the bullet with the highly rigid mineral (ceramic) (especially in case of small deviations of the bullet from the normal to the surface of the armor) contributes to its further deviation from the original trajectory, up to the rebound, and the resistance of the armor increases (and penetration of the bullet is deteriorating). In the described front armored plate metal layer contributes to the stabilization of the trajectory of the bullet when breaking through (piercing) armor, which ultimately improves the breakdown properties bullets and armored characteristics of the plates deteriorate.The main tasks that must be solved armored element, the following:
1) not breaking with the defeat of armor-piercing 7.62 mm bullets B weight of 220.127.116.11 g with a speed of up to 750 m/s;
2) the surface density armored item should be no more than 40 kg/m2and a thickness of not more 15.20 mmThe essence of the proposed armored element, stereoscott substrate varies from the center to the edges, the smallest in the centre, the largest in the area of the hinges.In addition, the ceramic layer may have residual stresses that, under certain conditions, their distribution increases its impact resistance. The substrate can be performed as single-layer and multilayer. Performing a substrate of several layers (and possibly of different materials) allows
1) more efficiently (more widely) to vary the stiffness of the substrate;
2) more to brake effectively destroyed the bullet and shrapnel from the destroyed ceramic layer due to delamination upon impact and subsequent deformation of each individual layer with a greater realization of their strength properties.Ceramic layer and the substrate can be enclosed in a viscous impact shell that allows you to increase the survivability of armored element as a whole due to the fact that after firing armored element stores up to a certain limit structural strength does not fly into separate fragments.Armored element may be mounted on a soft damping lining, which helps to mitigate the "hammer" on the man.High resistance armored element when it is OO, that at the initial moment of impact of the bullet on the ceramic layer of the Central part of the substrate that has the lowest stiffness, perceives the impact and is involved in the motion, while passing a part of efforts to a more rigid portion of the substrate closer to the edges, which, turning on hinges, transmit these efforts on ceramics. With this ceramic layer from the side of the ends of experiencing additional efforts compression, thereby improving their protective properties due to the exclusion of discharge (edge effects), lateral preload. The hinges in the zone of maximum stiffness of the substrate prevents its premature destruction, especially in the initial interaction of the bullet with the armored element by a rotation of the substrate on them. In the case of tight binding (without hinges) substrate, as a rule, immediately destroyed, at the time not reacting to the blow, unable to bend and implement their deformation properties due to the performance hit. Bullet in turn feels more becoming jammed effect. Through the use of impact energy to fracture and jamming bullets achieved higher protective properties of armored element. Further, as prodview, their stalls. In addition, the hinge fastening and a high rigidity of the substrate in the area of the hinges allow for substrate good conditions for stratification (in the case of layered performance) and better implementation of this strength (deformation) properties of each layer of the substrate separately.A new technical result armored element is expressed in the reduction of thickness of the ceramic layer and the substrate armored element that has allowed to increase its resistance when firing armor-piercing 7.62 mm bullets B weight of 18.104.22.168 g with a speed of up to 750 m/s, and is not achieved in any of the known authors of the sources.Figure 1 shows a General view of the armored element in Fig. 2 illustrates the interaction of the bullet with armored element, where
1 ceramic layer;
2 the substrate;
4 viscous to the punch shell;
5 soft lining;
6 bullet.The armor has the following structure (Fig. 1).The ceramic layer 1 is made of boron carbide or silicon carbide or corundum, adjacent the substrate 2 can be performed in several alternative versions from:
1) composite (type organoplastic materials (gradient, the layered substrate).The edges of the ceramic layer mounted hinges 3.Front ceramic layer 1 and the substrate 2 are enclosed in viscous to strike the shell 4 of a composite material or metal (steel, aluminum) thickness of 0.5.2 mm, thus forming a compact unit.The armor is installed on a soft lining 5, made on the basis or foam rubber, or fabric layers, for example TSVM, or a combination of these materials.The action armored element is as follows (Fig. 2). Under the impact of the bullet on the ceramic layer 1, the Central part of the substrate 2 having the lowest rigidity, is involved in the motion and transmits efforts on the part of the substrate 2 with higher stiffness in the area of the location of the hinges 3. The substrate 2 rotates in the area of the hinges 3 and redistributes the efforts of the blow on the face (lateral) surface of ceramic layer 1. Due to the additional effort on the part of the side surfaces of the ceramic 1 bullet 6 jams that promotes more effective its destruction and inhibition. In addition, due to the lateral limit is reduced (eliminated) unloading (marginal effects) in the ceramic layer. Upon further movement of the bullet 6 of the substrate 2, turning on the hinges 3, runiceskaja layer 1 and the substrate 2 by hinges 3 and higher rigidity of the substrate 2 in the area of the hinges allow 3 as the bullet moves involve gradually increasing portions of the substrate 2 in motion and thereby to contribute to the stratification of the substrate 2. This is a more complete implementation of the deformation properties of the substrate 2 (or its individual layers). Viscous to strike the shell 4 increases the survivability of armored element, preventing scattering of the individual parts (pieces) item under fire. Furthermore, the reduced and oscilloclast the item itself, it retains structural integrity (strength). Finally, the damping of the shock and reducing the "hammer" on the human body are soft lining 5.Such body armor item is not breaking with the defeat of armor-piercing 7.62 mm bullets B weight of 22.214.171.124 g with a speed of up to 750 m/s While its surface density does not exceed 40 kg/m2and the thickness 15.20 mmAs confirmation of industrial applicability is considered a specific example armored element:
the ceramic layer 1 is made of boron carbide with a thickness of 9 mm;
the substrate 2 is made of layers organoplastic, and stiffness in the area of the hinge 3 has the value 5 105N/m, and in its Central part 1 of 105N/m;
ceramic layer 1 and the substrate 2 are interconnected hinge (Ref. 3);
ceramic layer 1 and the substrate 2 are enclosed in a sheath 4 of organophos is ADCO 5 thickness 6 mm, made from layers of ORGANOTIN type DVM.The thickness of the armored element without soft lining 6 is 14 mm, with soft lining 20 mmArmored element is not breaking when exposed to armor-piercing 7.62 mm bullets B weight of 126.96.36.199 g with a speed of up to 750 m/s, the surface density body armor item is:
without soft lining 30 kg/m2;
with soft lining 37 kg/m2.Were manufactured and tested to defeat the armor elements of the claimed design obtained positive results.The design of the armored element allows to solve the problem and get a new technical result in reduction of weight and thickness of the element with enhanced protective properties when firing armor-piercing 7.62 mm bullets B weight of 188.8.131.52 g with a speed of up to 750 m/s, the Thickness of the armored element is not more 15.20 mm and of a weight not exceeding 40 kg/m2. 1. Armored element containing ceramic layer mounted on a substrate, characterized in that the edges of the ceramic layer installed the hinges, and the rigidity of the substrate is changed from the center to the edges: lowest Cantatore voltage.3. Element according to any one of paragraphs. 1, 2, characterized in that the substrate is layered.4. Element according to any one of paragraphs. 1-3, characterized in that the ceramic layer and the substrate are enclosed in viscous to strike a thin wrapper.5. Element according to any one of paragraphs. 1-4, characterized in that the substrate with a ceramic layer mounted on a soft lining.
FIELD: means of individual protection against bullets, fragments and impacts by piercing and cutting articles.
SUBSTANCE: the armored block includes an armored component and a layer of thermoplastic polymer installed on it, for example, of polyethylene, placed in a cloth envelope. An inner cloth pack strengthened around the edges and made in the form of a set of narrow strips of high-modulus cloth is installed between the layer of polymer and the armored component. The envelope in the lower and side parts, layers of the pack cloth and the strengthening are interconnected. The envelope of cloth and cloth pack with the strengthening is made in the form of a double pocket having a nap fastener in the upper part. The zones of strengthening of the cloth pack envelop around the edges the end face edges of the armored component.
EFFECT: applicable in manufacture of protective cloth.
3 cl, 2 dwg, 1 ex